1. An introduction to Anxiety and Depression and how these are often linked.
2. Therapy is about exploring our relationship with the world and ourselves.
3. Strategies for saying no (to challenge our people-pleasing tendencies).
4. The practice of self-care begins with the idea of slowing down.
Slowing down allows us to gradually begin doing what we need to in order to be healthy, assertive, balanced and well.
It allows us to:
• Formulate what we need to say/have difficult conversations.
• Think about others & practice empathy.
• Experiment with ideas.
• Think things through productively rather than just overthinking and obsessing.
• Make connections about why stuff is happening.
• Realise where we're going wrong and make choices instead of knee-jerk reactions
All key things for adult, fulfilling and emotionally well lives.
What We Covered This Week:
We need to recognise that most of the time we're surviving life rather than living life.
An introduction to Anxiety and Depression and how these are often linked. Negative thinking can cause a depressed mood, depressed mood symptoms include distorted thinking which can contribute to anxiety, and so on. In fact all areas of our lives are impacted by each other, that's why I have included all these subjects. They are the stuff of life as humans!
Therapy is about exploring our relationship with the world and with ourselves. Learning about Adult Child, Co-Dependent and Love Addict characteristics help us to understand our relationship patterns and are crucial to building our awareness, so we know where to focus our personal growth efforts.
Strategies for saying no (to challenge our people pleasing tendency). Taking time to breathe when feeling stressed or upset.
The practice of self-care begins with the idea of Slowing Down. We need to stay calm, self-soothe, take a step back from our reactivity and take time to reflect on what we're doing, to become conscious of our unconscious processes.
Click here to learn some strategies to help you cope with Anxiety.
Here's What To Do Next!
Click here to learn how to uncover
your Relationship Patterns.
Click here to learn why you find it difficult Saying No.
Click here to downloaded my Guided Meditation to help you slow down.
Click here to sign up for my Inbox Therapy to get monthly teachings sent directly to you.